Craigiehall Temple – Edinburgh, Scotland
Craigiehall Temple is a uniquely converted tower for sale originally dating from 1759 with a contemporary extension which now provides a 7-bedroom detached house with garden ground and a rural setting close to central Edinburgh.
The original tower was originally added to in 1996 and was further extended in 2005. The extended area features hand-cut Cullalo stone sourced from Stirling as well as reclaimed Scottish Slate for the roof.
The original tower has an interesting history. Originally constructed in 1759, Craigiehall Temple was also known as The Leny Temple and still features a pillared portico by Sir William Bruce, the architect of the Palace of Holyroodhouse. The architectural value of the Temple lies mainly in its portico. It is believed that the Tower has only changed hands three times since its construction.
The property is accessed by remotely controlled electric security gates and benefits from a driveway with plentiful off-road parking. Additionally there is double garage, workshop and dog run with kennels. The well-kept gardens are a particular feature of the property. There is a large area of lawn bordered by paved pathways. The garden also features a range of mature trees, bushes and shrubs and is bordered by a high hedge ensuring privacy.
Location: Stockbridge, Edinburgh
Guide price: £895,000
Year built: 1759,1996,2005
House size: Seven bedrooms, five bathrooms, 3,912 square feet
Lot size: 4,500 square feet approx.
Features: Private parking, double garage, workshop, large garden.
Further details can be found here.